I'm going to graduate August 6, 2011. That blows my mind. One year from now I will be done with college. At least I think it's August 6Th. That's the summer graduation date and I'm almost certain there's no way I can graduate in the spring of next year, so I'm pretty positive it's August.
Being consciously aware of finishing college is making me even more of an impatient person. Everything I want is a year away. One year. That's it. I feel like there's no way this next year COULDN'T be a huge year for me.
Things I Want To Happen From Now Until August 6, 2011 In No Particular Order:
1.) Obtain a sufficient score on the GRE, even if I have to take it twice.
2.) Finish my 200 hour commitment at the crisis hot line.
3.) Apply and get accepted into a Masters program, preferably within 2-3 hours of Chiefland, Fl.
4.) Continue to get nothing less than a B and improve my GPA.
5.) Graduate by August 6, 2011, if not sooner.
6.) Get engaged to Thomas, plan a wedding, find a place to live, marry Thomas, and move to said place.
7.) Be around my nephew and soon to be niece as much as humanly possible. For that matter, being around my family period.
8.) Get out of Tallahassee with the intention of NEVER coming back.
If I can do all of those things in one year, then I will feel truly accomplished. I feel like I'm going to be a real adult soon. It might sound conceited to say this, but I am extremely proud of myself for graduating early. In most cases, I shrug it off when people congratulate me on my hard work. I say it's no big deal, and that psychology is a small major, but it IS a big deal. The other psych majors I know aren't ahead of their class. I don't know anyone who takes 17 credit hours, works, AND volunteers. If that makes me too proud, than I'm sorry you feel that way.
I think what makes me the happiest is that I can leave Tallahassee in one short year. Thomas should be graduating this upcoming December. :D Big things are happening. Just wanted to share and express my gratitude to God for getting me this far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Marriage is weird, but that's your business. Just hope you won't feel like you have failed if all those things don't happen as soon as you'd like.
ReplyDeletewow....okay for whatever reason, I thought this was Jimmy's blog I was reading...awkward.
ReplyDeleteholy crap! You want to be MARRIED in a year??! Or just engaged in a year?
ReplyDeleteCan I be a flower girl? I think it'd be cute.
I won't feel like I failed if I don't accomplish them. They are things I want, not things I need, with the exception of graduating.
ReplyDeleteI want to be married in a year. I don't think it's very shocking. I'm in a serious relationship, I'll have graduated and be working towards a Masters. Thomas and I talk about it and it's something we want, but it depends on money.
I thought what you had planned in the past was shorter than a year Amelia?
I know...I think long engagements are stupid. But I thought you wanted a long engagement for some reason...I'm not saying it's a bad idea. I was just curious haha.
ReplyDelete...I don't appreciate you trying to avoid my flower girl question though...