Friday, August 26, 2011

The Sunnier Side Of Things

I feel like I'm scrambling to get ahead lately. The job hunt since I graduated is not going well at all. I have my job at Winn-dixie, but even trying to move up in a better position in that store hasn't been too successful. I've applied to other jobs too and I'm not even getting interviews at these places. It's really discouraging. I don't get it. It's not like I'm applying for positions that I'm definitely not qualified for. Everything I've applied to I meet the minimum requirements and I have some experience in the field. I know the job market is competitive right now, but I feel like I have a lot to offer.

It's really weighing on my mind only working at winn-dixie though. The bills situation isn't look too good, and I feel like I could deplete my savings really quickly if my hours at work change in the slightest. I'm going to keep trying, I just don't want to resort to two lame part-time jobs. I wish I could just get a full time position some where and work winn-dixie, or get a part time in the psychology field and do winn-dixie at nights.

Other than financial stress, things have been pretty good. I feel like my heart hasn't been in my blog posts lately, just because I've been so busy, but things really have gotten better. I've been feeling pretty happy. I really hope things stay this way. I feel like this is how it's always supposed to have been.

Well I'm off to work...again. New Jersey trip is less than a week. Should be a BLAST. When I get back, it's time to hardcore save money, and get back on the graduate school applications. Tomorrow is my day off.

Thank God.

1 comment: