Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Jersday Baby

My trip to Jersey was absolutely amazing. We got there Thursday morning. The flight was really smooth. We picked up our rental car, which was a white Volvo T5. Pretty awesome car. It was fun riding around in style compared to my car. We got some lunch with an old family friend after everything was settled at the airport. It was fun, the food was good, and it was nice to catch up some. Thursday night wasn't so great. I got really sick. Apparently it was a sinus infection. I went to the doctor later in the trip for meds.

Friday we went to Hoboken to go to Carlo's Bakery. I think this was what I was most excited to do during the trip. The bakery was awesome. I would have bought so much more than I did if I would have known how cheap it was. I also bought a Carlo's Bakery shirt. I have some pictures, but I'll post those later. After Hoboken, we came back to the hotel and got ready for dinner. We got sushi with the bride to be. That was so much fun. It was nice to hang out with Cristina and my sis and just talk.

Saturday was jam packed with wedding stuff. We got our hair and make-up done from like 12-1:30. I was completely in love with my hair and make-up. I've never gotten it done that nice. Maybe it's just me, but I thought my sister and I looked absolutely amazing. We took so many pictures haha! The wedding started at 2:30. The ceremony was nice, I'll have pictures up later. After the ceremony was the reception. It started with a cocktail hour outside at the bride's family's restaurant. It was so pretty outside and the champagne was absolutely amazing. I wish I knew what it was called. There was so much food just at the cocktail hour. It was so over the top, I can't even explain. Again, more pictures to come later. Went the cocktail hour was over, we went inside the restaurant hall. The food inside was outrageous too. It started with this Portuguese soup, then steak, lobster tail, and shrimp, with sauteed potatoes and asparagus. For dessert, there was an entire table of various pastries and an entire wedding cake. I have so many pictures of this, but I'm just too tired to re-size them all right now.

The wedding was so much fun. My sister and I danced the majority of the time. I got to try sangria, and a few other drinks, we hung out with some of Trisha's old friends. It was just a good time.

Sunday my sister and I went to NYC. We walked around time square a little bit, ate at Lombardi's in little Italy, and shopped in SOHO and Chinatown. It was pretty awesome. As soon as we got back to the hotel, we changed, and took of to Atlantic City. We went to the Borgata hotel casino. It's the first time I've ever been to AC. My sister and I both set a $100 max spending limit. I ended up leaving ahead of the game so I was pretty happy :)

Monday, we drove around some places we used to live, and hang out at, got some amazing lunch, shopped a little at the mall, and then headed back to the airport. It was a smooth ride home too.

I'm happy to be back, but it was definitely a vacation withdrawal at first. It's crappy to come back to responsibilities at home, and work, but I'm happy this is where I am. I definitely will have more pictures of the trip soon, especially the food. We ate such good food! Here's a taste of the trip for now :D













1 comment: