Monday, May 2, 2011

It'd Be A Sight To See, If I Could See

I've been home for four days now. It has not been without stress, but being home is still absolutely wonderful. I love being close to my family, and seeing my friends. I haven't done much of anything, but just relaxing with loved ones is good enough. I NEED to be around people. lol

Its been really tough with my mom though. She still hasn't been able to get around not qualifying for disability. We have our house up for sale. The house my mom had built so we could move here. The only place we've lived in Florida. My home for the past 11 years. I support her decision because the house is a money sucker, especially right now, but it's still a weird thought. I can't imagine not living here and thinking about all that we invested in it being gone is really crappy.

I took my mom apartment hunting in gainesville today. She needs to be in a city that has public transportation and be closer to her job, and she has until MAYBE mid june before she loses her job. I'm grateful for that time frame right now, and I hope nothing changes. My mom is doing everything possible to get some answers or services with no luck. People keep passing her off or not knowing the answers to her questions. It's really frustrating. The ONLY transportation service in Levy county told her they couldn't drive her because of her income, but guess what? If she doesn't get there, she won't have an income soon....It's stupid. Just like how she doesn't qualify for disability, but so many other people with significantly less severe symptoms DO qualify.

Frustration. I swear. The system is flawed, and I'm sure it didn't take my rant to make that apparent. If you read this, I just ask that you pray, continue to pray, and if you know anybody that could help, please let me know. My mom is being very proactive. She's always on the phone with her job, her doctors, blind services, motor vehicle, and other agencies trying to figure it out. It's exhausting though. I really hope something works out soon.


Still no major plans for the break though. I'm trying to be available to my mom for rides. Might go shooting at the end of this week. That should be fun. I really hope to see Amanda and Kayla over the break sometime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment