Today was absolutely amazing. I woke up early and met Robbie at his house. We had been trying to plan a day to go shooting for so long now. Robbie had two new guns that he hadn't even shot yet and I was ready to shoot my gun. Timing wasn't working for us, and then some complications with Franco came up. Anyway, Thursday was decided and I was super excited. We starting packing up Robbie's Dad's truck around 9am. This part of the trip always takes forever. Even though Robbie knows we're leaving in the EARLY morning, he never really packs the night before. I'm always five minutes late, and he's always picking on me for it, but we never leave quickly.
We packed up enough guns and ammunition to form a small militia. We had Robbie's M4 Assault Rifle, Mossberg 500 12 gauge shot gun, Rock Island Armory 1911 .45 caliber, Glock 19 9mm, Kel-tec PF9 9mm, and my Kahr cw9 9mm. Not to mention like 8 boxes of shotgun shells all varying in size and force, about 150 rounds of .223, about 500 rounds of 9mm, and about 300 rounds of .45. If we EVER get pulled over on the way to Franco's Dad's house, there will be an entire department of police officers swarming our car, no matter what we say lol and we shot it ALL. I think we left with one box of shot gun shells and probably 150 of the .45.
It was so fun! I love shooting in general. It's a great stress reliever and it's something fun and different to do with friends. My gun performed flawlessly. I shot 200 rounds through it. It's took me a long time because my gun only has one magazine that holds 7 rounds at a time, and 200 rounds is a lot of amo. You might ask yourself why I shot so much? It's definitely fun, but guns typically have a "break in" period. For my gun, the break in is 200 rounds before the gun will perform at it's expected level of functioning. The first 200 rounds are supposed to get all the kinks out of the gun, and get it cycling right. I used two types of 9mm ammunition and out of all 200 rounds, I had ONE tiny complication where the gun had trouble loading a round into the chamber from the magazine. Robbie said he thought it was because the amo I was using was this cheap brand he bought. His gun was experiencing several, more severe problems with the same amo. Anyway, one problem out of 200 rounds is amazing. I'm so happy with my purchase. The gun doesn't kick any where near as hard as I was expecting. It's like a baby glock 19.
I shot all of Robbie's guns and Franco's new gun. I didn't like Robbie's new kel-tec PF9. It's a smaller 9mm, smaller than my kahr, and the gun is so light weight, when you shoot it, it sort of jumps out of your hand. It's hard to get a good grip on it. I really liked shooting his .45 caliber 1911 though. I've always heard about how much of a hard hitting round that was, and how .45 was for the big dogs. Pft. It's not bad to shoot, but maybe that was partly because of the weight of the steel 1911. Franco's gun was really smooth to shoot too. It was all around awesome. We all got to break in new guns. It wasn't that hot. It was perfect. I can't wait to go again.
We got some dinner afterwards and made the long haul home. I broke down my gun, cleaned it, helped Robbie with some cleaning, and then called it a night. I'm super exhausted after all the excitement of the day. I got a little emotional towards the end of the night though. I hate thinking about going back to Tallahassee. It makes me so sad. I know it's my last semester, but I get so used to being home. Thinking about it makes me feel sick. I really hope this summer goes by fast, and things fall into place for the fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment