Tuesday, June 28, 2011

You Broke My Heart...Literally

Today has been rough, but before I explain why, I need to recap a little bit about yesterday.

I worked yesterday 7am-2pm, had some things to do at the crisis hotline, then went to campus to do some work. It wasn't too hectic, but I stayed busy. I didn't feel good on and off, but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. My heart was bothering me a little. It sort of felt like the feeling I get right before I'm going to pass out, but it subsided quickly.

Today though, hasn't been as easy. I woke up at 6am to be at work at 7. I was tired, but I always am in the morning for a little bit. My heart started bothering me again and I was starting to get paranoid. It didn't go away after like 20 minutes or so like it normally does. I started feeling a lot worse. It felt like someone was squeezing my heart and sitting on my chest. I felt like no matter how many breaths I took, I wasn't getting enough air. I started feeling really sluggish and dizzy too.

I ended up leaving work at 12pm instead of 1pm. I wanted to get to the doctor in time before my class started at 2pm. At the doctors they did an EKG on my heart and the doctor told me my heart was skipping beats. I didn't know how I felt about this. All the dang tests I've taken at Shands on my heart and brain to find out why I pass out and no one could ever tell me. The doctor said it probably never showed up on their tests because it wasn't happening right then like it was now. He told me I'd be fine, but that he wanted to refer me to a cardiologist to see about getting it fixed...How do you even fix a heart that skips beating?

It's been 9 hours now and I still feel this way. It's really uncomfortable, and it's just making me more and more exhausted. I'm not on any medicine or special restrictions except for no extra exercise. It's just really weird to me. I'm not sure if it's stress related or not. I am pretty stressed right now though.

I made it to my class in time. I was worried that if I was late I'd be dropped from the course and then I couldn't graduate. I also called out of the hotline tonight. I really just want to lay down.

Craziness though. I wasn't expecting my day to take such a weird turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment