I had to stay in Tallahassee this weekend for a volunteer class I had to teach at. That was basically the only thing I HAD to do this weekend. So now...I'm sitting here bored out of my mind. I'm all caught up on the shows I watch and now I can't find any shows or movies to watch on Netflix. I'm on iTunes listening to Maroon 5's most recent album 'Hands All Over'. I like SO many songs on this album. Powerful lyrics. It got me thinking of about 50 facebook statuses I could post right now, which lead me to think of things I wish I could say to certain ex's of mine. So that's what this blog will be about so I can alleviate some of this lyrical empowerment without blowing up facebook like a weirdo. I also put appropriate lyrics for each guy from this album. Some of the things I say might be really obvious about who it's geared toward, and some others might not. This might seem random, but I'm sure we all wished we could say certain things to our ex's with no consequence.
To D-bag #1:
"I must have been a fool to love you so hard for so long. So much stronger than before, but so much harder to move on" -Maroon 5 'I Can't Lie'
I really wonder if you'd make the same decisions all over again. I feel like I knew you better than anyone, and no matter how shocked I was at how things turned out, I still don't think you're happy with the decisions you made. I also don't get why you're so against us having a friendship, but you know what, it's probably better for me in the end. So thanks. Hope you turn your life around and head down the path we all thought you'd be on. You'll still always have a special place in my life, no matter how hard it's been coming to terms with the present circumstances.
To D-bag #2:
"You really got me bad. I'm gonna get you back. Gonna get you back" -Maroon 5 'Misery'
Forget you. You made a big mistake. What's sad is I think you know that you did, and you're just lying to yourself to make yourself feel better about it all. It makes me angry thinking about all of the effort I put into our relationship, all of the damn sacrifices I made just to see you royally screw me over. You took advantage of me to the very end, even after I found out, playing on my feelings for you! I'm more mad at myself than I ever could be at the people I pushed out of my life for you. I'll never be able to repair those relationships, and I would have never done it without you preaching in my ear. I hope however long you were doing all of the garbage you did behind my back was worth it because you'll never find someone who loved you like I did for so long. I hope you're happy with your dead end job, and I hope you're prepared to be alone. Just you and your hand the rest of your life you selfish, spoiled, disgusting, inconsiderate, immature piece of garbage.
To D-bag #3:
"I can't lie, you're on my mind, stuck inside my head. I wanna feel your heart beat for me instead. Yeah, I just die so much inside now that you're not there. I wanna feel your heartbeat like yesterday." -Maroon 5 'I Can't Lie'
You don't deserve to be called a D-bag, but for the purpose of remaining uniform, you've obtained the title for this blog. Our past is something I often think of. There's so many things I wish I could have done better, so many things I wish I said and didn't say, so many experiences I wish I had instead, with you. Everything about our relationship from day one has been done backwards, with horrible timing. I don't know why it's always been this way, but what we want is always just out of reach. I've done more growing through our experiences than any other relationship. There's still so much more I wish I could do and say. So much has changed though, and the opportunity to express these feelings are far and few between now-a-days. No matter how bad things have been, your importance to me is beyond any other relationship imaginable. I don't know what's going to end up happening, things are still difficult, but I know what I want...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I LOVE Maroon 5! Misery was my favorite song for like two months, lol.
ReplyDeleteAnd She Will be Loved is one of my all time favorites. :)
ReplyDeletethe whole album is amazing, seriously. I can burn you a copy if you want it.
ReplyDelete