Today was pretty decent. I had an exam at 7:30am so I woke up super early to get ready, make breakfast, and get to the classroom early to review. I have no idea what to think about how I did on my exam. It's over. That's all that matters. After my exam, I made my way to the prison. It was my last day today because they're in the process of shutting the place down. It was insanely busy today. It made the day go by fast, and made me less aware of how tired I was, but I was so busy that I was making a lot of mistakes on the paper work I had to fill out. The room I worked in for the majority of the day didn't have air conditioning either so it was gross. I'm happy to be done with going out there. It's been a great experience, and I've learned a lot, but it's so far and the work is aggravating.
I plan to study more now. I have a quiz tomorrow and a cumulative final Friday. My gun is in Tallahassee. It's my mission to pick it up before I go home. It's been hard to communicate with the gun transfer place though. I'll definitely be posting about it once I get it, pictures and all.
I got an awesome surprise today too. I've been talking with an old friend from New Jersey a lot lately and on a whim he decided to mail me a package. We both really love music so he made me two cds, drew some pictures, and wrote me a letter :D I loveeeeeeeee getting mail, and I'm super excited to check out the songs. I'm going to mail a cd and something random back to him as well. I think we plan to make it a pen pal type thing. It should be fun!
Other than school stress, there's still not much of an update on my mom. She still can't find a way to work, so it's really scary wondering when she might get fired. We put our house up for sale which is a weird situation too. I feel like the house has been a financial burden to my mom for a while not, but it's weird thinking that we wouldn't own it, or I wouldn't come home to that house. My mom really needs to relocate to a city though, and hopefully she'll be able to move to gainesville soon enough to save her job. We'll see though I guess. It all depends on if the house sells which is not likely in this current housing market. My mom also found out that she does not fall into the disability eligible bracket. She official failed her driving test so she no longer has her license, but she's not blind enough for disability apparently. I can tell she, as well as all of the family, are scared. Bills don't go away just because your life is falling apart at the moment.
I really just wish the house will sell at this point. It'll be really sad to let it go, but I don't want her to lose her job or not be able to get any where basically. She needs transportation to doctors, jobs, basic needs. I keep praying, and I'm trying to be there for her. She's getting a lot of crap from her job, some family members that don't understand, agencies pushing her off to someone else. It's a lot to deal with.
I'm hoping the week off before summer classes is some what enjoyable. I'm going to be in major debt when I return to Tallahassee. I have no money right now, and going home is just a major money sucker. I'm hoping to work 30 hours a week though when I come back. We shall see. I need to de-stress though. My left eye keeps twitching and I've resorted to stress eating, a habit I thought I successfully broke when Thomas and I broke up. It's making me feel disgusting. I plan to work out as much as I can over the break as well and come back to Tallahassee ready to clear the apartment of junk food once again.
I hope I wasn't a debbie downer to anyone as they read this. My motto as of lately is 'You gotta roll with the punches'. I'm trying not to get bogged down with sadness. I'm trying to deal with what's going on, and move forward, as forward as I can get. It's all I can do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment